19//Brisbane

Friday, December 30, 2011

What I've Learnt In 2011

Okay so I've already done a quick summary of, well... the trips I've taken this year... so I decided to re-summarise this year in regards to what I've learnt. And these are in no order. Well. They're in the order I thought of them. For the most part.



1. Strong southern accents are harder to understand then they would seem.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PERSON WITH THE ACCENT IS YELLING AT YOU. SERIOUSLY.

"twang do the twang to the go yeah"
"what?"



2. 'I've got hayfever' is a good excuse for anything.

"Could you stack these boxes?" "Sorry can't, I've got hay fever"
"WHY AREN'T YOU STUDYING?" "Got hay fever"
"WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE TISSUES?" "I got hay fever"



3. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is the best show you've ever seen in your whole life.

And that Chandler is the greatest character you've ever seen in your whole life. And that when you realise that he was based on Matthew Perry in real life, he instantly shoots up to first on your list of most awesome people ever.



4. That once you lose track of a spider that you just saw in your bed, it's harder than it seems to just forget about it.

Sadly, I learnt this from experience.



5. Tweeting and blogging are equally addictive.

Oh the hours...



6. It is possible for you to ride 70km on a bike.

Provided that most of the way is downhill, you get pulled some of the way, you have a lot of water, you have a chance to rest very few minutes, you don't get ditched by everyone, you are allowed to walk while on the non-downhill bits, you have sugar, the weather's nice, you don't crash, you have a nice non-spider-filled tent to look foreword to sleeping in, you get forced to lead the group which turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it meant that everyone had to slow down to my speed, you don't get stuck in a swamp, if you do get stuck in a swamp someone will help you out, your butt doesn't hurt from the previous days' riding, and that isn't all but I'm a bit sick of typing.



7. That when you order something near Christmas time, it will take forever to arrive.

Come on bookfari. I want my books.



8. That Ellen is hilariously funny.

I don't think I need to explain this one.



9. That maths is not the only thing you do at maths camp.

And that teapotting is funner than the teapots would have you believe.



10. Always wear gloves while cooking, or you will get burnt.

Okay, there is a chance that this rule only applies to me, but I highly recommend it.



11. Ibises may look all innocent but, given the opportunity, they will attack you.

EVEN IF there are other people there.
And also that you may have to resort to throwing your chips at them and running away, then realise that you left your bag in the middle of the ibis flock and have to go back in and get it.

Was a great day.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.