19//Brisbane

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

Dear Readers,

Despite today being Valentines Day, i maintain that it was the same as every other day. Well, apart from the bake stalls, the raving at lunch and all the people wearing red.

Okay, so I really like valentines. My school makes it interesting :)

LOOOL pretty much everyone pig-tailed their hair, and naturally I conformed, despite the fact that my un-straightened hair in pigtails is like, curl curl curl frizz frizz curl. Sozzles, but that's the only way to describe it.


Our new sitting place at the grade 11 tables just happens to be right in front of the dance floor, which is super convenient because we can watch all of the people raving, and join in whenever a song we like comes on. Then, when a song we don't like comes on, we can non-nonchalantly slip back to the table and eat the $8 worth of cupcakes we bought from the bake stall.
UNLESS you get sucked into the middle of the rave.

LOL I was like, in the middle of it and a song I didn't know came on, and here's the problem with that:
- there are people squishing you from like, 8 different sides. MEANING NO WAY OUT.
- everyone is jumping, so you have to jump along with them or you look stupid just standing there.
- everyone is yelling the words, so you have to yell random gibberish to fool people into thinking you know the song
- there are people on the floors above viewing


Okay, so I realise that I'm complaining a lot about this when it was actually really fun, so I'll shut-up now.





On a totally unrelated note, chemistry is not looking so great.
Basically our task it to write up a report based on an experiment that we do in class over a few lessons, and today we were doing the experiment. So we had our copper nitrate, and we had to add sodium hydroxide to it to produce some sort of reaction, but someone in my group added sulfuric acid without reading the label ><
THEN we had to get teachers from other classes come and make sure it wasn't poisonous or whatever and try to figure out a way to fix it.
Basically the solution was to add double amounts of sodium hydroxide to balance out, and the only thing i can say about this is dsbhfklaefnuonesfkndsvdnfsgnsrgjhdrtgkhmlghmndfgdgl. Our beaker practically overflowed, so we had to get this giant one, then like, all the teachers just sat next to our desk while we were finishing off the experiment to make sure it wasn't screwed up, then when it did, they would add some other chemical. NOW, not only is ours not following the method, but I have all these new equations to write, which is not cool. Not cool at all. Not pointing fingers or anything. ==


Maths B...is progressing. I've convinced myself that I'm going to finish it today, which is quite unbelievable considering that I'm not even half way yet, but here's a life tip:

If you set unrealistic goals for yourself, you won't be too disappointed when you don't achieve them.


Wise words Nicole, wise words.


And that is all from me for now.

Have a nice night.

From Nicole. [do not ask why I decided to do this post like a letter. the reasons why I do many things are not known even to myself]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.